Riding a roller coaster is like recovery...There are many ups and downs, but lots of forward motion!
I was a compulsive exerciser that caused a lot of exhaustion in my life. Everyone's body (yes, even mine), can hit a wall and crumble. I always said "Sports are my life!" I knew nothing else without it at the beginning to mid-way thru my ten years of recovery, about seventy-five percent of my life in actuality. I started as an avid ice hockey player at the age of three and transcended into cross-country and track-n-field. I began to take exercising to a whole new level once E.D. had entered my life. I was "high" as a kite at the time. I was living large and flying high. The adrenaline was pumping thru my veins. I was on top of the world, so I thought. Eventually, it all caught up to me but it wasn't until several years later, several surgeries later and injury after injury, that I started to crumble mentally, physically, and emotionally. My numbness had become painful; deadly.
In order for me to recover I had to "start-over" and re-build Balance! On my road to recovery, I was able to stop exercising and rebuild my strength nutritionally. Eventually, I was able to incorporate exercise back in my life and even complete an Olympic Triathlon. Along the way, I hit another detour. Currently, I do not exercise at all. I miss it a lot at times, but I also enjoy life without it. The urge to "hafta" exercise everyday in order to deserve nourishment is not ALWAYS there. But now I fear exercise will destroy me, it's called black or white thinking. It's the all or nothing attitude that keeps me stuck with E.D. I have the foundation and the tools to re-build my potholes in my road, I just need to take that leap, one step at a time.
Today, I will go to therapy to get some support and reflect on the week. I am going to jump back on the wagon and see a nutritionist. I hope that all my readers and followers have a wonderful day and let there be light in your path.
We all deserve to live our own life how we want too! We are all strong healthy men and women.
-A.N.T.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Finding Purpose
I find myself asking whether the glass is half full or half empty... well, my answer is right in the middle. I have decided that life canno...
-
I thought my life could be. But every catastrophe confined me. Suddenly, It struck me. I was down on my luck. I could not see. There was...
-
Sometimes, I hear thunder in the distant past. I am all too familiar; it won't last. I'm sick of being thrown into my past. I'm ...
-
There lay unspoken grief in my smile. The voices in my head made friends with the monsters under my bed while the pain surrounding my spac...
Keep up the great job you are doing! We all Love you and know you CAN!
ReplyDelete