Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Finding Purpose

 I find myself asking whether the glass is half full or half empty... well, my answer is right in the middle. I have decided that life cannot always be what the "norm" finds normal. The glass is not always half full or half empty; there is room for it to be just in the middle, or right where it is. Do you ever think about the purpose of life? Once, I talked to my partner about the matter, and they felt there was no purpose in times of heartache and that this cannot be it: live, then die. What's the point of the in-between? I thought there has to be. But it made me think: do I make a difference, does it matter, or what is the purpose in life? I do not know if there is a higher power or an afterlife (nor is this a religious post). I do not know what happens after we all die; I like to hope for more. When I was a child, I believed all my loved ones who had passed were up in those white, fluffy clouds, always looking down on me. That day I took my first flight; I was so disappointed that they were not staring back at me. Is it more of a spirit, or is it just a hope? This is not about religion or beliefs, but more about how the human mind finds hope. Today, I had a doctor's appointment, and I was 50/50 about the outcome. As much as I was "scared" about the outcome, there was a gravitation toward being hopeful. Only because my life partner instilled hope within me, so i did regain hope. So, when I come back to the real question, what is the purpose of your life, my life? I do not have a profound, thought-provoking, correct answer, but I do wake up grateful and hopeful for the breath I get to take. I feel that anything is possible, despite the belief that nothing is possible at times. I challenge you to see what might seem impossible as possible, and the road less traveled as well. I understand that, as much as I wanted to jump off the stairs as a kid and flap my arms like a bird and fly, it was not possible. But can we adapt to make our dreams, wants, and needs come true? I mean, after all, I flew. In that moment, I believed I could fly high in the sky; I jumped leaps and bounds. I feel that believing in yourself can be so profound. I always say, "There is always room for improvement," which can leave someone feeling defeated at times, but when you think about it, life is what you make it, after all. There is so much turmoil and heartache in this world that it is through finding your own purpose. I truly believe that we all have purpose, meaning, and whatever it is in all of you. Be proud of who you are, who you become, and all the "stuff" you have overcome and conquered and are still enduring. May you all believe in your dreams and continue living your lives, because after all, that is the purpose of life, perhaps???!!!


- A.N.T.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Finding Purpose

 I find myself asking whether the glass is half full or half empty... well, my answer is right in the middle. I have decided that life canno...